A sports medicine doctor helps treat and provide preventative care for injuries related to sports and fitness activities. If you want to live your best and most active life, having a Primary Care Physician with Sports Medicine experience is the ideal choice.
Dr. Kevin Mangum completed his primary care sports medicine fellowship at Full Circle Health, Idaho Sports Medicine Institute and Boise State University. During his fellowship, he was a team physician for Boise State University division one athletes, high school athletes, professional athletes and local club sport athletes. He loves to help active patients with their sports medicine and non-operative orthopedic needs.
Dr. Mangum has experience in many interventional procedures for musculoskeletal, orthopedic and sports medicine conditions. Research has found that ultrasound guided injections are more accurate than landmark guided injections, so the physicians at Primary Healthcare frequently use ultrasound to increase accuracy in their therapies and injections for orthopedic and sports medicine patients.
Are you looking for a doctor to help with treat or prevent injuries from sports and other fitness activities? Call to make an appointment at Primary Healthcare in Utah today! (801) 758-8735. You can also click here for convenient online appointment scheduling.
Below is a list of the common conditions that can be treated at Primary Healthcare along with the procedures used for treatment. Call today to make an appointment.
Sports Medicine Procedures Available at Primary Healthcare in Utah
- Epidural steroid injections for back and leg pain
- Corticosteroid Injections
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Percutaneous needle tenotomy
- Ultrasound guided tendon barbotage for calcific tendonitis
- Hydrodilatation for frozen shoulder
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Shoulder joint injections
- Knee joint injections
- Hip joint injections
- Ankle joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Carpal tunnel injections
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis injection
- Wrist Injections
- Bursa aspiration/injections
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) procedures
- Achilles tendinopathy procedures
- Trigger Finger Injections
- Ganglion Cyst Treatments